Saturday, August 17, 2013

170813, Absolutely Awesome Exhibition Evening...!!!




What an incredibly blessed night I had last night!  Thank you so much to everyone who braved the wild weather and came out into the night to give me support at my exhibition “Makhelwane (My neigbour)”.  It meant the world to me.

After spending two years with my Eastern Cape neigbours, apart from my family and friends that was an indescribable experience to have so many of you there together in one room.  I wished I could instantly clone myself and spend the whole evening with each one of you individually but it was also a dream come true to have so many friends from different walks and times of my life together and meeting each other.  My cup overflowed with love and blessedness!

And those of you that weren’t able to make it I felt you there too in spirit and it means so much to me to know you were thinking of me and wishing me well.   I trust that we will get together soon.

I want to give a big thank you to Nicoletta and her family and the Associazione Piemontesi who sponsored this event and for giving me this wonderful opportunity to showcase my work at this time and turning it into one of the most special evenings of my life.

Thank you for all your hard work of the past months and weeks, putting this together, from getting everything printed and mounted, (sorting out the bubbles and what more!),  to presenting my work in such an original and uplifting way, I absolutely loved the Pilchards and Peanut butter idea, it was so close to home and such a true reflection of the unpretentious lives led by my “Makhelwane”! And thank you for all the finer details, wine and lovely snacks! Well done!!! 

Thanks Ian, you are the best wine pourer and multi-task man to have as a friend!! Una, you are an angel..x

I want to give thanks, praise and glory to my God of love, the great orchestrator, for leading me in His way, opening doors for me, protecting me always, working His love through me and blessing me with so much love.  I can always hold on to Your word.

“For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared to the glory which shall be revealed in us.”  Romans 8:18

No comments:

Post a Comment